"G.W. Haywood" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Buddy Lee Haystack wrote:
>
> > The morning after "logrotate" runs on my system, the memory usage
> > increases by about 30 megabytes, and continues to do so after each
> > weekly run of the "logrotate" utility.
>
> What happens if you then do a graceful restart?

The logrotate scripts use HUP to restart the server. I don't think the USR1 would be
appropriate for log rotation - according to the Apache documentation:

"At present there is no way for a log rotation script using USR1 to know for certain
that all children writing the pre-restart log have finished. We suggest that you use a
suitable delay after sending the USR1 signal before you do anything with the old log."

> > Has anyone else had this experience?

>Nope.  But then I don't do it that way.

I'm all ears. ;-)

--