Thanks, but as a RedHat [or other typical major distribution] user, I would never see
the documentation you mentioned below. Since DSO is still experimental, would it not
be an absolute necessity to include that information in the location where most users
are directed to look for information about all things Apache? The first place I go to
look for information is on the online documentation, and I know that the
"experimental" nature of using DSO is not mentioned anywhere in "Apache 1.3 Dynamic
Shared Object (DSO)
Support" [http://www.apache.org/docs/dso.html].

It appears as if the "experimental" nature of DSO's under Apache is fairly well
removed from view.

Had the information you included below been clearly listed on Apache's website, in the
proper location, many people would have made a choice not to use DSO. It appears as if
the Apache Group has been a little less than candid in Apache's true support for DSO.

IMHO There really needs to be a warning in the documentation on their website
explicitly stating the info you've included below.

--
BLH
www.RentZone.org