Hi,

        I'm encountering name space clashes with two virtual hosts on my
server while using Apache::Registry.

        Both sites use a settings module that returns a hash of
configuration parameters (e.g., fgcolour => blue, bgcolour => white).

        The settings module is called: settings.pm.

        There are two versions of this module stored in different
directories (i.e., /site1/cgi-bin/settings.pm + /site2/cgi-bin/settings.pm
).

        The problem is, periodically the sites swap look and feel.

        Intermittently, a site suddenly appears cross-dressed in the
other's colours etc!

        I'm using Apache::Registry as the handler. My understanding was
that Apache::Registry creates a unique name space for each subroutine it
loads (e.g., Apache::ROOT::cgi2bin::settings etc.).

        I could just rename the module .... but I'd like to know why
things are going awry.

        Are global variables not included in this unique name space?

        I'm using lexically scoped (my) variables to store the settings.

        For example:

        use settings;
        my %settings = settings::getSettings();

        Any help would be much appreciated.