On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Andrew Chen wrote:
> The new parameter (which in the example was moe and not joe, my mistake)
> will be a "webid", a unique identifier for each website that is parsed out
> of the physical location of the file.
>
> For example,
>   www.joe-honda-dealer.com/inventory.jsp
> corresponds to something like:
>   /web/active/honda/joedeal/html/inventory.jsp
> where joedeal is the webid.
>
> Instead of having a bunch of identical inventory pages, however, we're
> just going to have one JSP on the Weblogic server that accepts a webid
> parameter which is responsible for how the page gets built. Let me know if
> you need further clarification on this.
>
> My main issue is that I don't know how to add parameters to the POST and
> GET data.

The "GET data" is just the URI requested.  You can mess with that easilly.
POST data is slightly trickier but should also be possible through the
Apache API.

If that's all you want do, don't bother using mod_perl for it.  It sounds
like you could maybe do it with mod_rewrite or a tiny custome TransHandler
written in C.  No need to use all that memory loading Perl just for this.

- Perrin