something like that...  for instance, using mod_expires you can specify a
one week from modification time for expiration.  that's more difficult to do
with dynamic stuff since you don't have a start point (the 'document' is
modified on every access).

I was thinking that to specify a one week expiration date would set the
Expires header (or Last-Modified or whatever) to "last monday + one week".
documents created on friday only really get 3 days instead of a week, but...

similarly for months, years, days, etc...

you loose true granularity of control (?) but gain some sort of caching this
way.  I dunno...

> That would require persistence,
> probably a db or dbm.

yeah, except that I suspect the overhead of that would be just as bad as the
processing to create the document in the first place...

--Geoff