mgraham wrote:

> Maybe another approach would be to explicitly list the handlers that
> are allowed to be used in any given context.  Kind of
> like 'Options', but for perl handlers.  Something like 'PerlOptions',
> perhaps?
>
>     <Location /users>
>     PerlOptions "My::AuthHandler My::ContentHandler My::TransHandler"
>     </Location>

That's a neat idea.

The only quibble I can think of is that this doesn't go far enough.
This lower level of privilege we're talking about is one in which -

  1) Only specific Perl modules are available (or ones in specific
     paths; no literal 'sub { ... }' handlers)
  2) PerlSetEnv (and PerlPassEnv?) aren't usable
  3) PERL5LIB isn't changeable
  4) <Perl> sections are unavailable

--
Richard Goerwitz                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]