I think Randal was making a similar point I was making last night (SG
time). That as long as you execute Perl code, you can manipualte the memory
space of Perl (and hance change the behavior of Apache::Registry).

But you explained it in your reply to me. Basically you want explicit
handlers that are tightly defined to run but you aren't talking about
allowing users to run Apache::Registry scripts arbitrarily. Just explicitly
defined pieces of code like a handler for counter() logic.

The CGI scripts on your site would not be passed through Apache::Registry
or Apache::PerlRun, they would run as normal CGIs. No? So that makes sense
as a motivation to allow mod_perl on a server for content handlers that are
tightly defined. But don't allow the users access to anything else in mod_perl.