On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Robert Waldstein wrote:

> Sorry - didn't make myself clear.  The protection on the files are the same -
> just too complex for the front-end to understand (since use modperl).
>   So if there is any authentication needed I want the front-end to give up
> and let the heavy server handle it.  So even in the model you describe all I
> want the front-end .htaccess to do is to cause a proxyPass - can that be
> done is my question / problem.

As long as you can garantee that the URI of the resource is not accessible
multiple ways you could use a <Location/> directive on the relative path.

Normally you would want to use <Directory/>, but because you are not hitting
the local file system, you can not use it.

Worth a shot.

--
Sander van Zoest                                         [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Covalent Technologies, Inc.                           http://www.covalent.net/