On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 02:17:25PM +0300, Ruslan V. Sulakov wrote:
> Hi, Tim!
>
> I'd like to use BerkeleyDB! But have you test it in mod_perl environment?

Not yet, but I will be very soon. I'm sure others are using it.

> May be I wrote scripts in wrong fasion.
> I open $dbe and $db at startup.pl of mod_perl
> Why do you think that  no open/close/flush required?

Not required *per write*.

Open when the child is started and close when the child exits.  (Probably
best not to open in the parent. I haven't checked the docs yet.)

No flush needed as the cache is shared and the last process to
disconnect from it will flush it automatically.

> Each new apache server generation (about 1 time per 30 request in my case)
> need to run starup.pl
> So, how to syncronize changes between different apache server processes when
> no flush made?
> Or am I not write?
> Or synchronization between simaltanious BerkeleyDB objects is done
> automatically throwgh DBEnvironment?

I believe so.

> I think ,this theme is very important to all developers!

Tim.