At 16:41 13/12/2000 -0500, Drew Taylor wrote:
>I vaguely remember seeing mockups similar to take23.org as a proposed facelift
>for perl.apache.org. I really liked the design and always wondered why it
>never got used (apart from the manhours to implement the change :-)

That's in part my fault. I'm the one who submitted the original design. I
knew that if I didn't push this to the end chances were it wouldn't see the
light of day. Other people seemed to be interested and said they'd take
care of doing something but like me I guess they got flooded by work stuff.
That's certainly what happened to me :/ Anyway, I'm glad that design draft
eventually got used for something thanks to Matt :) My idea of retirement
is slowly starting to be that mythical time when I'll have all the time I
want to publish all those half finished open source things that I have
lying in small bits and pieces on various hard drives ;-)

>A quick check of nsiregistry.com shows that modperlnews.(com|org|net) are all
>available. Those domains are definately a little easier to remember than
>take23. What are some other alternatives to take23.org that would be easier on
>the grey matter?

I quite like the name myself. Somehow my messages seem to take ages to
reach this list but I revealed the meaning of the site a few hours ago
(sorry Matt, I got your message about wanting to keep it truly secret only
afterward). Apparently a few people did get it though.

-- robin b.
By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to
suspect Hungry.