Jeremy Howard wrote:
> IMHO, the best open source WebMail servers are PHP based

true, I am using and patching TWIG quite a lot, and that made me see how
messy PHP gets when dealing with libraries and things. It's not nice to
see a large app written in PHP... at least not this one.

        I have this dangling idea of building a TWIG lookalike (in Perl), with
a 'plug-in'/'module' structure, so I may write the email client, and
others fill with their desired modules. Anyway, it's a seriuos
undertaking, but it's in my plans to rip as much code and design choices
from stable OS webmails as possible.

        It's  just a way to soak up all my holidays in perl code ...

martin