On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> Is there a reason you don't want to just hack on WING?
> It's a pretty powerful system and it was designed for
> mod_perl.  Look it up on CPAN.

it's an option, but it's got a large amount of dependencies,
which makes it a tremendous effort for me to install on my
system. for instance:

'On the frontend, install PostgreSQL. You may be able to use
another SQL database, but
 (1) it must support transactions (this rules out MySQL unless
     someone rewrites Wing::Login in a way which doesn't require
     transactions).
 (2) it must support using ident lookups for authentication (or else
     you will have to tweak the DBI connection setup).'

all in all, it's a somewhat daunting task.

on the other hand, you've got me itching to give it a shot
:)