Joshua Chamas wrote:
> Use Apache::Resource, PerlModule everything you can
> especially Apache::ASP, and use Apache::ASP->Loader()
> to precompile your scripts.  If you are getting
> out of memory errors, make sure your MaxRequests are
> low (<200 often), MaxClients low (<100 often), and use a
> mod_proxy server in front to help offload requests.

I find Apache::SizeLimit is more effective than setting MaxRequests,
because it won't kill off your well-behaved processes and thus spares
you from extra process spawning, re-opening databases, etc.

Make sure you don't set Apache::Resource to kill anything that's close
to "normal".  It does a harsh kill which can leave your users with a
"document contains no data" and possibly mess up open dbm files, etc.
It works well for catching runaways though.

- Perrin