At 01:40 PM 12/18/00 -0800, you wrote:
>you should take a look at the interface of the file management of
>some of the free webspace providers.

I have looked at some of these.  They do not look and feel like a file
manager.  They tend to be fragmented and wordy.

>i haven't really looked at the Apache::FileMan module, but the
>biggest thing i would suggest is using something like the Template
>Toolkit to move the html pages into templates.

I am not there yet.  FileMan does not require any client software and it is
independent of the file content.  It just doesn't care what is in a files
or directory.

>(personally, i've moved on to using dav (http://www.webdav.org/)
>for most of my web-based file management needs.)

I know very little about WebDAV.  I looked at the site and found the DAV
concepts interesting.  Perhaps you could point me to a demo or more
information about how the requirements are implemented.  WebDAV appears to
integrate the CASE information within the XML documents themselves.

I noticed that WebDAV provides file sharing.  I had not considered this,
but it would be easy to do in FileMan.