At 04:55 PM 12/18/00 -0800, you wrote:
>On Dec 18, George Sanderson wrote:
>> At 01:40 PM 12/18/00 -0800, you wrote:
>a matter of taste, of course. it also depends on your target audience.

The user interface is the most sacred information ground.
It's application depends on the requirements (marketing).

A benefit gained from a consistent and portable interface is that the user
can progress from system A to system B without having to navigate
(interface) differently.  The seamless interface that DAV provides is it's
biggest advantage, because to the user it has the same interface to
different (servers) services.  Which is why I thought, that since FileMan
looks and feels like autoindex it would be a natural extension for Apache
users.

>> >biggest thing i would suggest is using something like the Template
>> >Toolkit to move the html pages into templates.
>>
>http://www.template-toolkit.org/tpc4/paper.html#cgi (well, the
>whole document, really) is a good place to read about what i'm
>talking about.

After reading the first part of the document, it made a lot of sense. (Thanks)

>well, webdav is an extension to http that allows you to "put", "delete",
"move", "copy", etc

You have given me a lot to think about.  I need to read RFC2518 a couple or
three times.

http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc2518.html