On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Kees Vonk 7249 24549 wrote:

> > Kees, if you are doing system() call just put setsid back,
> > and add this:
> >
> >  tie *OUT, 'Apache';
> >  close OUT;
> >
> > Apache keeps the socket tied. Tell me whether this works
> > for you.
> >
> > I'll document these things shortly and post for your
> > review.
>
> Adding (between fork and setsid):
>
>   tie *OUT, 'Apache';
>   close OUT;
>
> causes the following error:
>
>   Can't locate object method "TIEHANDLE" via package "Apache"
>   at /app/env_control/bin/depldctl line 142.
>
> (where depldctl is my long running process).
> When I add 'use Apache;' I get the following error:
>
>   Can't locate object method "request" via package "Apache"
>   at /opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/PA-RISC2.0/Apache.pm line 191.

Yes, yes, yes it was a bad suggestion. Sorry about that.
I still didn't complete this section, looking for a clean solution to find
a way to close only the fd that keeps the socket busy.
So far you can use the closing fds in loop -- at least it works.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/