On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Jeremy Howard wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
> > But you don't need to call setsid() when you fork. Why looking for
> > complicated workaround when you can do it properly without any workaround.
> > Have you ever seen an example of fork that uses setsid?
> >
> But your Guide says:
> ----
> A much better approach would be to spawn a sub-process, hand it the
> information it needs to do the task, and have it detach (close STDIN, STDOUT
> and STDERR + execute setsid()).
> ----

True, it's a mish-mash of two techniques. I'm working at this very moment
to make things clear. My follow-up was based on the fact that I told Kees
in the original reply that setsid shoudn't be used with fork.

Will be fixed in the next release, sorry about that.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/