hi,

once again, steering off-topic ... :(

I've got a nice little module (Mail::Vmailmgr) I am trying to bundle in
the standard CPAN fashion, so that it has a proper Makefile.PL, etc.

I am following my Perl Cookbook, recipe 12.8 ... steps taken:

% h2xs -AX -n Mail::Vmailmgr
% cd Mail/
% vi Vmailmgr.pm

and wrote all of my module there, picking what h2xs had prepared.
Now when I follow the next step, it fails:

% make dist
make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.

And neither `man perlmod`, `man perlmodlib`, CPAN or O'Reilly's errata
page has any hint ...

Now many fellow hackers here seem to be releasing successfully to
CPAN... so ... what's the secret? What am I missing? (a neuron or two,
maybe?)

martin