[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Martin Langhoff) wrote:
>% h2xs -AX -n Mail::Vmailmgr
>% cd Mail/
>% vi Vmailmgr.pm
>
>and wrote all of my module there, picking what h2xs had prepared.
>Now when I follow the next step, it fails:
>
>% make dist
>make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.

You need to create the makefile (by doing perl Makefile.PL) before you
can start issuing 'make' commands.

The 'dist' target in the makefile is created automatically by your
Makefile.PL.

O, what I wouldn't give for the standard module builder to be based on
Perl and not 'make'.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum