Les Mikesell wrote:

[cut]

> I don't think I understand what you mean by LRU.   When I view the
> Apache server-status with ExtendedStatus On,  it appears that
> the backend server processes recycle themselves as soon as they
> are free instead of cycling sequentially through all the available
> processes.   Did you mean to imply otherwise or are you talking
> about something else?

Be careful here.  Note my message earlier in the thread about the
misleading effect of persistent connections (HTTP 1.1).

Perrin Harkins noted in another thread that it had fooled him as well as
me.

Not saying that's what you're seeing, just take it into account.
(Quick-and-dirty test: run Netscape as the client browser; do you still
see the same thing?)