As many people understood I mean some kind of virtual host service, I
would like to restate my question.

There are companies (Verio at least) offering a 'virtual machine'
running a virtualized OS. Verio is offering NetBSD and Solaris. They
have a seriouly large iron where many virtual machines run, each virtual
machine gets a share of CPU, HD and RAM resources, an at least an IP
address.

In there is a full OS, and you get to be root for about $150 a month.
It's a cheap alternative to co-location, a middle ground between a good
virtual hosting service and owning a box. You can run your own MTA,
compile whatever the hell you want, etc, although they offer a bunch of
services out-of-the-box and have a lot of useful --if annoying-- cron
jobs rotating your logs, monitoring the temperature of your daemons,
feeding the dog and whatnot.

Of course, you get to share resources with a bunch of other customers.
It seems a great environment to set up a low traffic / highly customized
server, like apache+mod_perl. Now, I know and understand the services
they offer, but I have never actually used one with mod_perl.

Now, has anyone tried this services? Do I have to worry about anything?
Why didn't Stas list them in his article? -- they don't appear in the
Guide either -- Do they have a fundamental or practical flaw I can't
see?

Martin