I have used apache::session on windows with great success. I downloaded
the modules pre-built along with the modperl DSO from :

ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/

They seem to work well. I even installed on top of OpenSA (
www.opensa.org ) and obtained SSL features. I did have to do some oddities
to get Session::DBI working properly but it did work in the end.

I installed this on top of the latest ActivePerl with no problems.
HTML::Mason worked like a champ as well.

I believe this is all available in the archives linked to from
perl.apache.org.

Yes, the perl community does ask its users to sometimes be a bit more
'independent' but its nothing to get testy about. Some of us on the list
are actually really really really busy and like to wait it out and see if
someone else will pop in with an answer.

John-