On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Wang, Pin-Chieh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I build Apache_1.3.14 with mod_perl-1.25 on RedHat Linux 7.0 with DSO.
> Initially both server-status and server-info works fine, but some how both
> of these pages denied my display request.(403 Forbidden )
>
> I have checked httpd.conf where I have
> <Location /server-status>
> SetHandler server-status
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> Allow frpm .mydomain.com
> </Locatiom>
> In the log file it simply says denied by server.

Are you sure that .mydomain.com is getting resolved correctly? Try using
IP.

Also one should avoid using domain names on production server. It's a
performance hit since it turns HostnameLookups on.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/perf-tuning.html#runtime

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/