On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Wim Kerkhoff wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > our() and other perl5.6 new APIs are too early to be endorsed, as 5.6 is
> > not yet considered as a stable version for mod_perl production sites,
> > therefore the guide barely touches on it.
>
> Would you recommend the use of perl5.6 with mod_perl?  What you are
> saying is making me queasy.
>
> I'm asking because I've been having bad luck with Apache::Session and
> some other modules in some mod_perl aware applications. Things aren't
> comming out the data source properly, things are hanging, things aren't
> locking/unlocking properly, etc. It could well be that the applications
> I'm working with aren't using Sessions, Tie::Cache, etc properly. I may
> downgrade to perl5.005 and give that a whirl...

Please search the archives. There were reports of problems with perl5.6,
Doug has submitted quite a few fixes for 5.6 to make it working with
mod_perl. I'm not sure whether perl5.6-PATCH2 is bugless with regard to
mod_perl. Not to mention possible problems that has nothing to do with
mod_perl, but are general Perl issues.

Therefore I still use 5.00503 on my production sites. But some people are
using 5.6 without any problems on their production sites.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/