OK, I do agree in principal (that it's important for the book to be the
best that it can be). Although my post was really meant to be reassuring
rather than saying that people shouldn't bother pitching in.

I think the mod_perl guide is great. Yes, there may be inaccuracies in
there (I haven't read it recently from cover to cover to say what those may
be), but it's still better than ActiveState, Velocigen, JRun, ServletExec,
NSAPI guide or any other commercial web app environment docs I have ever
seen. In other words, while I applaud your efforts to be perfect because
you care so much about open source -- your message seemed to be a bit
stressed (eg going on about having to work together to beat the corporate
sharks).

The fact is that there will be inaccuracies which are uncovered later no
matter how many people read the guide. Because that's just how it is.

So while I think the goal to be perfect is great, I think you have already
surpassed the intermediate goal of being better than commercial
documentation for similar web application environments.

With that said -- I do think its important for everyone to pitch in and
read the book (and hopefully learn stuff along the way or discover
bugs).... which is why I am doing it. Because I do agree with pitching in
to make it as good as possible.

Well, anyway...

Thanks,
      Gunther

PS Thanks for posting my belly dancing pic... I needed that. :)

Gunther Birznieks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
eXtropia - The Web Technology Company
http://www.extropia.com/