I need to run some stored procedures that take upwards of a minute to generate
result sets. Ok, thats grand but I dont want the browser to sit there and
twiddle.

I'd like to display an animated gif. Simple. Right? I hope.

I'm looking into chained handlers in my mod_perl code, but I'm not sure if this
is what I need.

0) Request page and report.
1) Push 'Waiting...' animated gif
2) Process report, Perl waits for result set
3) Perl pushes the report html to the browser as if it opened in a target =
_blank window. IE: That same window...
Stumped (or rather -> RTFMing),

Any ideas?  I cant, for the life of me, figure out how this would work with
http redirects, and thought there might be something with mod_perl that would
help this.  Fork() maybe.  I'm trying a few ideas.

Thanks a bunch.  If this is slightly OT, I apologize.

Tom Sullivan,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]