Since Apache can't respond to the request until the File has been uploaded
completely (at least this is what I understand, but I could be wrong), you
won't be able to do anything on the server side to handle this.

You could use what has been suggested by someone else (sorry, but I don't
remember who), and that is to have an onSubmit on the form that triggers
some JavaScript that pops up a layer overtop of the current page.  I don't
know enough about layers, but you might even be able to load a new page
into the layer while the form is being submitted.  When the upload is
completed, the entire document will be replaced with the response from the
server.

One issue that I see with this is, what happens if the upload fails, and
the connection is dropped...

Cees Hek

--
Cees Hek