> > It might be easier and more bulletproof to build the conf file
> > off-line with
> > a simple perl script and a templating tool.  We did this with Template
> > Toolkit and it worked well.
> > - Perrin
>
> That would be fine and dandy, but it's not exactly what I'm going after.
> Currently if I want to make a change to all of our clients I have to go
> through and edit every config file (I have a .conf file for each domain
and
> then use an Include in the httpd.conf).  Using the mod_perl way I can
change
> it once in the httpd.conf file, restart apache, and the change will take
> place for all the domains that are affected by the <Perl> </Perl> code.
> Know what I mean?

Sure, and it looks like you got your question answered.  The two approaches
are pretty similar in terms of the results, but the off-line approach does
require either using a custom startup script or doing two steps (build conf
and then restart server).  On the other hand, the off-line approach will
allow you to start your server even when the database is down.  You might
want to build your dynamic conf file approach with a cache for the
last-accessed database info, so that it has something to fall back to if the
db goes down.
- Perrin