At 04:16 AM 4/17/01, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Jim Winstead wrote:
>
>[...]
> > you would have to do a "run config template expander && HUP" instead
> > of just doing a HUP of the apache parent process, but that doesn't
> > seem like a big deal to me.
>
>And it has the big advantage of also working with httpd's without
>mod_perl.

like proxy servers ...

  Going off on a slight tangent from the orginal topic - the template-based
approach would also work well for subsystems that have separate
configuration files - we put quite a bit of application configuration info
into files other than httpd.conf, so that we can modify it without
requiring a server restart.

-Simon