On 25 Apr 2001, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Kurt George Gjerde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi,

> Even if your script were coded perfectly, it is still possible for this
> to happen in modperl.

> Personally, I would consider an average growth rate of only .5kB/hit
> absolutely wonderful :)

As far I ever monitored memory usage, apache itself seems to leak some
memory itself as well...
This was when using apache 1.3.9 (debian/potato), and took up to a couple
hunderds of bytes every requests (thus growing a mem-page (4k) every dozen
or so requests per process) serving just static files. It is very hard to
write perfect code, and some work arounds or often the best
solution... You can consider limiting MaxRequestPerChild in combination
with Apache::GTopLimit, or whatever limits the apache-docs, mod_perl guide
or CPAN modules propose.

Bye,
Remco