> On 24 May 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
..
>  > I have a web site where *everything* is mod_perl handlers. The problem that I'm
>  > seeing is that I will go to the url http://hostname/foo and I get the content
>  > from http://hostname/bar
>  >
>  > This seems to be happening when there is a server error of some variety, and
>  > from then on, until a server restart, users are just getting whatever the last
>  > thing was that that Apache child served. I have not been able to completely
>  > verify this, but I am consistently getting the same (wrong) content from a
>  > particular child, so apparently the particular child just keeps giving me
>  > whatever it served the last time.

>  On Fri, 25 May 2001 10:31:09 +0800 (SGT), Stas Bekman said:
>  looks like
>  http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Exposing_Apache_Registry_secret
>  http://perl.apache.org/guide/porting.html#Sometimes_it_Works_Sometimes_it

We're not doing anything with Apache::Registry. Everything is with Perl
handlers. It always seemed to me that the problems described at those locations
were specific to Apache::Registry. So you're saying that if a Perl handler
module falls over for some reason, that child will continue serving the last
content it served, forever? This strikes me as a bad thing.

Anyways, all of the possible reasons listed there are not, as far as we can
tell, going on in our code. Everything is 100% OO, nothing is global or
exported, and everything uses strict and warnings. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding
when things actually pass out of scope in a mod_perl environment.

Since almost all of the availble documentation seems to be about using
Apache::Registry, rather than about writing handlers, it's not always clear
whether things like this necessarily translate to both.

--
Director of Application Development
The Creative Group