On Fri, 25 May 2001 23:28:44 +0800 (SGT), Stas Bekman said:

>  > We're not doing anything with Apache::Registry. Everything is with Perl
>  > handlers. It always seemed to me that the problems described at those locations
>  > were specific to Apache::Registry. So you're saying that if a Perl handler
>  > module falls over for some reason, that child will continue serving the last
>  > content it served, forever? This strikes me as a bad thing.
>
>  It's quite possible if you happen to create closures in your "dispatch"
>  handler for example. It's a bad thing :)

I sort of had the impression that closures were a good way to leak memory, and
so avoided them.

>  > Anyways, all of the possible reasons listed there are not, as far as we can
>  > tell, going on in our code. Everything is 100% OO, nothing is global or
>  > exported, and everything uses strict and warnings. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding
>  > when things actually pass out of scope in a mod_perl environment.
>  >
>  > Since almost all of the availble documentation seems to be about using
>  > Apache::Registry, rather than about writing handlers, it's not always clear
>  > whether things like this necessarily translate to both.
>
>  I'd switch to a single server mode first thing first. Do you see the same
>  behavior with httpd -X?

Same behavior, yes. Once one handler get  a server error, you'll get the last
succssful content served by that child, repeatedly, forever. Note also that
this not one handler with lots of different behaviors. It's about 20 handlers,
based of some shared base modules, but performing rather different tasks.

--
Rich Bowen - Author - Apache Server Unleashed
http://www.apacheunleashed.com/