James,

Yeh - that idea has merit. We don't always see that concepts map 1:1 between
languages but probably 99% of the time it should be ok. Of course it is the
1% case that drives most people totally nuts.

What might be of interest is a data type that is smart enough to hunt down
its text tag from a text resource dictionary or use a string that is local
just to that widget....

I am hesitant to advocate the use dictionaries because I do find them a bit
confusing and unwieldly to think about managing in the context of a big web
site. *

Jay

* I don't know about you guys - but when I am building stuff - I am also
keeping in mind that humons [sic] will be doing much of the tweeking and
managing of the site. Keeping systems simple is a big objective too!