will trillich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>       AxKit
>       HTML::Embperl

The two that I've had the most experience with are AxKit and HTML::Embperl,
and I'd recommend them both.  They are both well maintained (both released
updates in this week) and the mailing lists for both are very responsive
and helpful.

AxKit presents XML data in whatever format you choose using XSL (or
XPathScript), making it very powerful and giving it staying power (since
it's standards based).  I haven't had the need to use some of AxKit's other
features (XPathScript, XSP), but that's because I've been able to
accomplish everything I've needed to with XML/XSLT.

I've been using HTML::Embperl for strict HTML presentation.  I've
recently begun to play with HTML::EmbperlObject (part of the same package),
and I like it, a lot.  It allows you to define a single file as a "base"
template (or a skin to borrow another term), which is wrapped around
individual components.  This allows you to keep all of your standard
headers and footers in a single file, while your forms and results sets can
be defined in separate, self contained templates.  Add onto that all of the
capabilities of HTML::Embperl, and you've got quite a nice package.

>       XPathScript
>       XSLT

These aren't really templating toolkits - just specifications that can be
useful for transforming XML data to whatever format you choose.  The AxKit
site has lots of good information and links on both of these.