Is there any way to control which daemon handles a certain request with apache
1.x?

eg; Out of a pool of 50 daemons, restricting accesses to a certain mod_perl
application to 10 specific daemons would improve the efficiency of data cached
in those processes.

If this is impossible in Apache 1.x, will it be possible in 2.x? I can really
see a more advanced model for allocation improving efficiency and performance.
Even if it isn't a hard-limit, but a preferential arrangement where, for
example, hits to a particular URL tend to go to the same daemon(s), this would
improve the efficiency of data cached within the daemon.

I suppose I could do this now by having a front-end proxy, and mini-Apache
configs for each "group" I want, but that seems to be going too far (at this
stage), especially if the functionality already exists to do this within the
one server.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           [EMAIL PROTECTED] :