Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Is there any way to control which daemon handles a certain request with apache
> 1.x?
>
> eg; Out of a pool of 50 daemons, restricting accesses to a certain mod_perl
> application to 10 specific daemons would improve the efficiency of data cached
> in those processes.

Making sure the browser supports HTTP 1.1 (persistent connections) will
get you a lot better performance in many cases, since a particular user
will tend to keep hitting the same daemon, so that helps if they're
hitting the same or a related script over and over.

In one case, I was seeing really bad performance from an app, but it
seemed acceptable to the users, who were all running IE, where I was
running Netscape, which still doesn't support 1.1 in version 4
browsers.  :-(  Dunno about 6, Mozilla, etc.

Noticed you were running Netscape on Linux; what are your users
running?  ;-)