At 12:35 22.06.2001 -0400, you wrote:

> > 1. SSI with XBitHack full plays the 304 game for me. Every time the catalog
> > database is updated, its SSI frame gets a touch. Thats it. Simple.
> Efficient.
>
>Most of the perl templating systems would be just as good on these points,

Including If-Modified-Since - 304 responding?

In fact my main objection to the majority of templating systems is that
they are frameworks. I am using a homegrown template engine at the moment
and probably would be using template toolkit if I started now, but I
definitely hate to be framed at work:)

Another point for SSI is that lots of people understand them.

Joachim

--
"... ein Geschlecht erfinderischer Zwerge, die fuer alles gemietet werden
koennen."                            - Bertolt Brecht - Leben des Galilei