Joachim Zobel wrote:
> Including If-Modified-Since - 304 responding?

No, none of them handle that (well, AxKit?), probably because most sites
need to do more than stat-ing the template files to determine if the
page content has been modified.  A site with no dynamic content could be
pre-generated with a make-like procedure and served statically.

> In fact my main objection to the majority of templating systems is that
> they are frameworks. I am using a homegrown template engine at the moment
> and probably would be using template toolkit if I started now, but I
> definitely hate to be framed at work:)

Template Toolkit, Text::Template, and HTML::Template are all pretty good
at staying out of your way.  They're not frameworks like Mason and
Embperl.

But hey, if you like SSI then go ahead and use it.  It's good at what it
does.  I was just pointing out that the templating tools are pretty
solid as well.

- Perrin