On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Todd Goldenbaum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25 on a redhat 7 system.
> Since the perl binary that came with the redhat distribution was
> version 5.6.0, I assumed that is the version that got built into mod
> perl (statically linked).  But I just discovered using perl's $]
> variable, that it's actually using 5.006!
>
> So far as I can tell, I don't even have a copy of perl 5.006 on my system...
> Is mod_perl actulaly distributed with a version of perl interpreter intact?
> If so, How do I upgrade it?

Ummm.... 5.006 _is_ 5.6.0, just in the old perl numbering scheme.

ctriv@quartz:~$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris

ctriv@quartz:~$ perl -e 'print "$]\n"'
5.006001

You should look at something like this (or it's sprintf equivalent).
ctriv@quartz:~$ perl -e 'printf("%vd\n", $^V)'
5.6.1

Chris R.
--