On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Chris Reinhardt wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Todd Goldenbaum wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25 on a redhat 7 system.
> > Since the perl binary that came with the redhat distribution was
> > version 5.6.0, I assumed that is the version that got built into mod
> > perl (statically linked).  But I just discovered using perl's $]
> > variable, that it's actually using 5.006!
> >
> > So far as I can tell, I don't even have a copy of perl 5.006 on my system...
> > Is mod_perl actulaly distributed with a version of perl interpreter intact?
> > If so, How do I upgrade it?
> >

> Ummm.... 5.006 _is_ 5.6.0, just in the old perl numbering scheme.

how strange.

> ctriv@quartz:~$ perl -v
>
> This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris
>
> ctriv@quartz:~$ perl -e 'print "$]\n"'
> 5.006001
>
> You should look at something like this (or it's sprintf equivalent).
> ctriv@quartz:~$ perl -e 'printf("%vd\n", $^V)'
> 5.6.1

gotcha.  so it's 5.6.0...  however i'm still really curious about whether
mod_perl 'builds in' the interpreter when you build apache, or is it when
you >run< apache?

what i'm actually trying to do is get mod_perl to use a different version
of perl also installed on my system, 5.6.1, so as to settle some problems
within mason causing the httpd child processes to segfault.