All

This is an interesting idea, so I thought I'd add my two cents and say
that you can already do exactly this with mod_rewrite.  I guess it's
useful to have a perl module that does it as well, but sometimes
re-inventing the wheel is not worth the trouble.  I can see the utility
for people who haven't got mod_rewrite... but still, it's small, fast
and works beautifully with mod_perl.

>I have a nearly finished module which applies some regular
>expression (specified in some config file) to the URI and puts the
>stuff it found into $r->param (that means you have to use CGI or
>Apache::Request to use it).
>
>e.g: http://www.somehost.org/stuff/order_byname/id0099.html
>Regexes:
>order=>'order_(\w+)'
>id=>'id(\n+)\.html'

Something like this will do it:

RewriteRule ^/stuff/order_([^/]+)/id([^\.]+).html$
/some/handler?order=$1&id=$2 [QSA]

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Kyle Dawkins
Systems Engineer