On Friday 20 July 2001 16:42, Jónas Tryggvi Jóhannsson wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Perl::Flash
> (http://www.2shortplanks.com/flash/) or the PerlFlash
> (http://www.the-labs.com/PerlFlash/) packages.  The deal is that both
> modules have problems with converting images (gif & jpeg) to the SWF
> format.

I don't know if this could be related to your problem but last I checked
those modules hadn't been updated in quite a while, and were both incomplete
in terms of implementation. If their authors have stopped working on them,
then it is possible that there are pending bugs that are unresolved, and may
unfortunately never be fixed.

> P.S. If anyone knows about any other PERL Flash modules, please don't
> hesitate to mention them ;)

Well, it's probably not _the_ answer but have you considered using SVG
instead of Flash ? SVG can do what Flash does and more, and its only problem
(lack of wide user base) is being solved at great pace by the fact that Adobe
are bundling their SVG plugin with Acrobat Reader, meaning millions of people
are getting SVG every day. SVG is XML so it's really easy to generate it from
Perl (just like HTML) using some template system or AxKit. Just gzip the
output and you're done :)

Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- CTO
k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish,
and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.