On Friday 20 July 2001 16:58, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Well, it's probably not _the_ answer but have you considered using SVG
> instead of Flash ? SVG can do what Flash does and more, and its only
> problem (lack of wide user base) is being solved at great pace by the fact
> that Adobe are bundling their SVG plugin with Acrobat Reader, meaning
> millions of people are getting SVG every day. SVG is XML so it's really
> easy to generate it from Perl (just like HTML) using some template system
> or AxKit. Just gzip the output and you're done :)

I forgot to mention this, but if you want to get a feel of how SVG can be
produced from Perl, then there's a really good article on xml.com:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/07/11/creatingsvg.html

Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- CTO
k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.