Thanks for your info.

I  tried the  same thing for latest sources also. i am having the same problem.   Perl
path is ok.

It is creating the makefile . But if we see my  following error message ,

I am trying to build the mod_perl sources on Windows NT machine . but how i am getting
CP (unix command ) command error.

 Can you please clarify my doubts

1)  Am i missing some setup for Windows NT machine
2) Tthe makefile which is created by makefile.pl  is it suitable for Windows.

Once again attached my makefile for your reference.  I am following all the things
which are in ReadME.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards
K.Murugan

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Unable to find a perl 5 (by these names: C:\Perl\5.6.1\bin\MSWin32-x86\perl.exe
miniperl perl perl5 perl5.6.1, in these dirs:
 D:\Program Files\DevStudio\SharedIDE\BIN
 D:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\BIN D:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\BIN\WINNT
c:\perl\5.6.1\bin\mswin32-x86 E:\DevStudio\VC\BIN E:\DevStudio\VC\BIN\WINNT
 c:\perl\5.6.1\bin\MSWin32-x86)

Writing Makefile for Apache
Writing Makefile for Apache::Connection
Writing Makefile for Apache::Constants
Writing Makefile for Apache::File
Writing Makefile for Apache::Leak
Writing Makefile for Apache::Log
Writing Makefile for Apache::ModuleConfig
Writing Makefile for Apache::PerlRunXS
Writing Makefile for Apache::Server
Writing Makefile for Apache::Symbol
Writing Makefile for Apache::Table
Writing Makefile for Apache::URI
Writing Makefile for Apache::Util
Writing Makefile for mod_perl

After that , if i try the nmake install - it is giving the following error

cp lib/Apache/test.pm blib\lib\Apache\test.pm
cp lib/Apache/FakeRequest.pm blib\lib\Apache\FakeRequest.pm
cp lib/Apache/Constants/Exports.pm blib\lib\Apache\Constants\Exports.pm
cp mod_perl.pod blib\lib\mod_perl.pod
cp lib/Bundle/Apache.pm blib\lib\Bundle\Apache.pm

The name specified is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\0' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Murugan K wrote:

> Hai
>     I am trying to build Mod-perl_1.26  on Windows NT.  For that i
> installed perl5.6.1 and apache 1.3.19 on my windows machine ( "C" drive).
> After that  (as per read me ) , i have to run  the makefile.pl .
> But that is giving the following error.
>
> Perl makefile.pl
>
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Unable to find a perl 5 (by these names:
> C:\Perl\5.6.1\bin\MSWin32-x86\perl.exe
> miniperl perl perl5 perl5.6.1, in these dirs:
[ ... ]

Assuming Perl is in your PATH, do you have the same problem
building other modules? If not, try building again
within a clean source tree. If this is a general problem, try
editing your ExtUtils\MM_Win32.pm file - search for the string
"Unable to find". It's probably the backticks in the vicinity
that's causing this.

best regards,
randy kobes

Makefile