----- Original Message -----
From: "Murugan K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: ">" <<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: Help required on compile

Hai

  I added the    'PERL => "$^X",' command the in the  makefile.pl .  But  it
is not throwing any perl path error.  it is creating the makefile.

Yes - it creates the makefile, but the makefile that it creates contains
errors. I doubt that you'll be able to build the module until you get rid of
the 'Unable to find...' error. I've run across this problem a few times, and
the remedy I posted has (until now) always worked.
Still, if it's not working for you, then there must be some other cause.
 You *did* put it inside the 'WriteMakefile()' section ?).

I did, at one stage, look a little more closely at this problem and came up
with the following:

1) In 'MakeMaker.pm'at about line 192, change:
HTMLLIBPODS HTMLSCRIPTPOD IMPORTS
HTMLLIBPODS HTMLSCRIPTPODS IMPORTS

2) In 'Manifest.pm'at about line 260, change:
   return &cp if $Is_VMS;
   return &cp if $Is_VMS or ($^O eq 'MSWin32' and Win32::IsWin95());

I haven't verified to my satisfaction that these changes always fix the
situation, but when I made those changes to a 'perl' that had the problem
you describe, I found the problem went away, and I no longer had to amend
the 'Makefile.pl' in the way already stated.

I would expect that if you can't resolve the problem with the 'Makefile.pl'
amendment, then making those changes won't help either. (Or you may find
that those 'changes' are already in place.) But it's worth a try.

Cheers,
Rob