I think people are responding with how to fix this on a Unix. He is on
a NT.

Assuming the disk is on the Unix and the Unix is running Samba, then
just define a network drive on your NT, say

V: which mapps to \\yourunixbox\disk7

Then in your http.conf on your NT, define an alias like

Alias /wav/ "v:what\ever\folder"

And from there, URLs pointing to http://xyz/wav will be looked up
from v:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Purcell, Scott wrote:

> Hello,
> I have Apache w/modperl running on my NT box.  The box has Samba on it, and
> I can see my Unix volumes from my SGI box.
>
> There is a volume there /DISK7 and I would like to be able to use that as a
> kind of Virtual host through the Apache Web server. /DISK7 has a bunch of
> .mov files that instead of copying to the htdocs directory, I would like to
> be able to href link to them and have them displayed.
>
> So my question is, where in the config (or how do I) configure the
> httpd.conf to allow me to use /DISK7 as part of the doc root?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Scott Purcell

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering