I set up something similar recently.  What I would recommend is setting up
a separate samba view to 'just' that dirctory on your unix disk which you
wish to make publically accessible - set this up in your smb.conf file.
You can specify valid users (just the webserver?), whether it is writable
accross the network, default netmask etc.

You can then set appropriate write permissions on it, without making your
whole secure and wonderful unix partion vulnerable to access from your not
so wonderful NT server.  If you only need a view to those files which you
want to add to your web server readable directories, there is no need to
make the whole drive visible from the outside.  Just map that view to a
drive, point your httpd.conf at the drive and you're sorted.

R.

--
Rafiq Ismail

Software Engineer and Systems Administrator
http://www.codix.net

"All the best people in life seem to like Linux." - Steve Wozniak