I missed the Apache-Admin-Config module in my search for Apache config
file parsers, otherwise I would have not written a new one :)  The
other parser was just announced after I finished this one is named
Apache::ConfigFile.

All three modules appear to treat the directives and contexts the
same, in that you can descend into the contexts to get directive's
specified there.

They could definitely be merged into a single module that does what
everybody needs.  I don't have the time to do this myself, but would
could help out.

A common API would have to be designed so that it would have all of the
features people needed.  Here's a quick review of the pluses and minuses
of the tree modules (obviously pro Apache::ConfigParser because it has
the features I need).

Apache::Admin::Config
        Pros

        Cons
                Lack of documentation
                Test suite with 2 tests

Apache::ConfigFile
        Pros
                Clear interface
                Good documentation
                Handles mod_perl <Perl> config directives
                Overloaded method names to get config values
                Automatic boolean conversion
                Been around for a while
        Cons
                Test suite with one test

Apache::ConfigParser
        Pro
                Good documentation
                Build tree structure of config allowing complicated
                        searches
                Parses config file exactly as Apache does
                Knows which directives can take relative path names
                        and makes them absolute automatically
                Correctly parses directive values with "'s and \"'s
                Allows searches on directives regardless of context
                Allows searches up through context levels
                Extensive test suite
                Keeps track of where directives were set

        Cons
                Doesn't write out config files
                No autoloaded calls
                Not easily used interface

Is it possible to remove CPAN modules when a common interface is built?

Blair