These documents are very confusing....on one hand the document the other
caller mentioned does explicitly talk about two conditions should exists.
Note A AND B. And then we hear that that is not really true...And even
Apache::DBI.pm itslef does not talk about it and there is no way that I
know of that one can tell, if we do indeed have a persistant connection or
have simply required some dumb packages...

We appreciate the technology such package authors bring to us...but please
regard the documentation part as important as other parts...
We are doing out best to keep the Perl and open source flag up, but we
can not read source code all day long, our Microsoftish developers are way
ahead of us with their fancy IDEs....

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Flavio D' Amore wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > im reading on mod_perl and Relational Databases
> > (http://apache.org/guide/databases.html), Introduction, that persistent
> > database connections needs to have set $ENV{MOD_PERL} in order to execute
> > CGI perl script
> > via mod_perl and not via normal CGI.
> >
> > What's the right value for that variable  and where i've to set it
> > (httpd.conf or Unix environment?)?
>
> mod_perl does this for you. You shouldn't mess with it yourself.
>
> Hmm, may be you don't run under mod_perl even if you think you are?

> Stas Bekman              JAm_pH     --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker
> http://stason.org/       mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/
> http://singlesheaven.com http://perl.apache.org http://perlmonth.com/

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering