Hello,

MM>And even Apache::DBI.pm itslef does not talk about it and there is no
MM>way that I know of that one can tell, if we do indeed have a persistant
MM>connection or have simply required some dumb packages...

The documentation mentions that you can use Apache::Status to check on
statistics about Apache::DBI. This is directly from perldoc Apache::DBI.
Three clicks into the mod_perl guide gives you this:

    http://perl.apache.org/guide/databases.html#Debugging_Apache_DBI

Which is about how to turn on debugging information from Apache::DBI.
Do these things not work for you? If so, tell us and we can perhaps help
you further.

By the way, you will likely receive more polite and helpful replies if you
do not persist in calling technology that many of us rely on for
production sites "dumb."

MM>We appreciate the technology such package authors bring to us...but
MM>please regard the documentation part as important as other parts... We
MM>are doing out best to keep the Perl and open source flag up, but we can
MM>not read source code all day long, our Microsoftish developers are way
MM>ahead of us with their fancy IDEs....

Use what works for you and your situation. You shouldn't be using Perl and
open source software if you really want to be using a Microsoft language
and its related IDE.

That being said, point out the relevant documentation pieces that are
missing--I think you just missed what you needed in this case--to the
authors and this list! Then we can all help fill in the pieces.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101